Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day


Happy Valentine's Day! I hope everybody enjoyed it. I also hope everyone got their gifts in time because I was out delivering everyone's last minute gifts that they sent via express mail. I know people were shipping and ordering stuff late for Valentine's Day because I picked up about 100 boxes Saturday which contained poems in a bottle with teddy bears. I understand they cost about 40 dollars plus shipping. When I showed this to my supervisor she said, "Oh my God!" At least the post office is making some good money from this.
Today we normally have a heavy load of express mail that needs to be delivered, but today was way more than normal. Most zip codes had a 33% increase today. That means there must have been a lot of people ordering gifts at the last minute. I also found that most people were home to sign for their express mail. To all those who ordered for Valentine's Day, I would like to thank you on behalf of the post office for your business.

Valentine's Day was just another day for me, but what about you? How was your Valentine's Day? Did something special or memorable happen today?

No comments:

Post a Comment