Monday, February 13, 2012

Dinner at Longhorn

Today, we had my birthday dinner celebration. Now, for those who don't know, my birthday was January 21st. It took us a little while to get everybody available at the right time, particularly because we don't like to eat out on weekends. It finally gave me a chance to use my gift card. We had been planning to go to Longhorn to celbrate my birthday, but with all the delays, I thought we would end up waiting until the new one opened. Of course, the new Longhorn seems to be taking forever just to finish the parking lot, so who knows when it would finally open.
We decided to go to Longhorn for the first time in a long while. I had enjoyed my one and only time at Longhorn with a Sunday School group; however, my parents did not enjoy it the last time they went which is why I haven't been in a while. Some things have changed since the last time I went there, but that shouldn't be a surprise.
The lighting was much better than at Bonefish, the last place we went. The server was also very good. The only thing was that she took a little while bringing our drinks. The bread they provided was the most basic bread I have ever seen at these pricey resturaunts. It was basically toasted wheat bread with butter on the side. It was still better than the bread at Bonefish though. We ordered an appetizer called the Texas Tonion. This was probably the best part of the entire meal; of course, I do enjoy bloomin onions and this was pretty close to that. The salads were good as well, but I mistakenly got French dressing instead of Thousand Island so it was not as good as it could have been. The main course for me was grilled shrimp with fries and I substituted the rice for Macaroni and Cheese. The shrimp were excellent and the fries were great as well. The mac and cheese... well, I was not really pleased with it. I could taste ham in it which was a huge mark against it and it just wasn't what I expected. The worst part was that it cost extra to get the mac and cheese. Next time I will get something else.
To grade my experience:

Service: A-
Environment: A
Drinks: A
Bread: C
Salad: B-
Appetizer: A+
Main Course: A
Side 1 (Fries): A-
Side 2 (Mac and Cheese): D

Overall: B

By the way the place was rated 87/B which is not a very good rating considering most places have A ratings, but I could not tell why it would have the rating since we do not get the reports in our paper any more.

Have you ever been to Longhorn? What was your expirience like? Was it like mine? Better? Worse? Post your comments. I would love to see what your responses are.

No comments:

Post a Comment