Monday, March 12, 2012

March Madness



The 2012 NCAA Tounament and NIT Tournament brackets are now set. It's now time to make predictions for the tournament.
I began filling out brackets since I was in high school. My first year I filled out a bracket because several students and teachers started a friendly competition to see who would be the best at predicting winners. I wanted to participate even though I was not as familiar with NCAA basketball as I am today. I did well the first weekend. So well, in fact that I was in second at the time. People were impressed and even though I did not do as well in later rounds, this helped promote the image that most of my classmates thought of me as a guy who knew and understood sports.
The scoring system begins with one point per win in the first round and increasing evenly in each successive round. I also am doing the NIT tournament which will start with two points in the first round and increase evenly each round. I have posted my complete brackets for each tournament, but I will go over each prediction every day there is a matchup and note my point standings on each after each day of matchups.

Tuesday's Games:
NCAA:
Western Kentucky over Miss Valley St
Iona over BYU

NIT:
Miss St over UMass
Seton Hall over Stoney Brook
Iowa over Dayton
Tenn over Savannah St
Northwestern over Akron
Middle Tenn over Marshall
Oregon over LSU
Wash over Texas-Arlington
Stanford over Cleveland St

Good Luck to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment