Tuesday, March 20, 2012

March Madness Prediction Recap


The first two rounds are complete in the NCAA tournament and NIT tournament. I have three of my final four teams still alive in the NCAA tournament and one in the NIT tournament. Since the NIT is continuing today, I will go ahead and say that I think that Minnesota and Drexel are the two best teams in the tounament and should make it to the title game if Washington doesn't get in Minnesota's way. In the NCAA, I still like Kentucky and Louisville. Kansas has given me concern especially with NC State as their next opponent. NC State could make it to the final four. With FSU and Vandy out in the East, Cincy and Wisconsin have emerged as contenders. I like Wisconsin as the fourth team in the final four.
Here is my record from yesterday and my overall score so far:

NIT: 2-1, 4 points*

*Stanford beat Illinois St which was not an original pick.

Overall NIT: 18-6, 38 points

Overall NCAA: 38-14, 84 points

The third round of the NIT begins today, so here are my predictions:

NIT:
Drexel over Umass*
Washington over Oregon

*No points since Umass beat Miss St.

That's all for today. I will post results and predictions which will wrap up the NIT final four tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I still have the upper hand in the NCAA brackets son. But as we saw last year my picks let me down more than the tournement did. I look forward to having a better record this go around than last.

    ReplyDelete