Friday, January 1, 2016

A New Year For The Trojanpear



Happy New Year everyone! I'm back!

A new year brings new goals and objectives to improve upon those things I did not do as well as I would have liked. There was the good, the bad, and the ugly.

The good:
2015 will be known as "The Year of the Promotion" as my dad was promoted to Sargent, my sister was promoted to full time, ChillWilliWill was promoted to Dean, and I went from the 4th RCA to the 2nd RCA in one year.
I read the Bible in one year, finishing Wednesday.
I found a new morning routine that has been more successful than any I have had in several years.

The bad:
I only read 6 books this year, one of my worst reading years ever.
Many routines planned in 2015 never fully materialized.

The ugly:
One word - Church. My vision for 2015 was not accepted, other plans fell apart, and I began to have to work more often on Sundays which has forced me into a situation where I do not know where to go heading into 2016.

I am hoping for big things or many little things to happen in 2016. My theme is "The Year of Organization." Being organized will help ensure that I do all the things I want to do this year. I am not doing it all at once, though. I have mapped out all the things I want to start within the first two weeks with a few areas being held off until I develop a better understanding of what I want to do.

It actually began yesterday with the start of my new plan to read the Bible in a year. I also launched the new Trojanpear video plan for 2016 with a look back at my favorites in 2015. I called it the 2015 Pear Awards. You can watch it here:

2015 Pear Awards

Today, I begin following my regular schedule that I tweaked over the last several months. Some new events I will be focusing on today include the return to blogging and updating The Trojanpear facebook and twitter pages, a little morning exercise, and my new emphasis on reading begins tonight with Cop Hater by Ed McBain.

Much more still to come so stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment