Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter, Work, and Other Events


This has been a busy week for me. This is mostly due to work where I have had to deliver mail on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday this week. Monday I delivered route 11 which is part of Veteran's Parkway, Old Moon Road, and Moon Road. Tuesday I delivered my regular route 6 which is Columbus Park Crossing, North Stadium Drive, and Arbor Ridge. I did it again Saturday. Wednesday I delivered express mail to the 31909 section. Thursday I delivered to the block around Williams Rd, Fortson Rd, Double Churches Rd, and Lloyd Rd.
In the sports world, I have had time to watch a little of the Masters where today my guy Phil Mickelson surged his way back into contention at the Masters in what looks to be a very exciting 4th round tomorrow. The Braves lost on opening day, which was disapointing especially since they did what they always do best, fail to score runs.
Easter is almost here. As exiting as that prospect is, there have been some great events that have happened leading up to Easter Sunday. First, there was an Easter Party at the church today. Even though I was working and could not attend, I did get to see the pictures of the event and it looks like it went well. It was especially exciting to see three churches working together to make this event happen. It is like I said, its "Three churches. One mission." The night before I went to a Good Friday Service called Friday Night Fire lead by our two partner churches. I was glad that I chose to go because the Lord was at work in that building that night. I was able to see some interesting things that I needed to see from a diferent perspective. It also helped me get an idea of what our church is lacking and some of the things that I could expect to see when we begin our contemporary service later this year.
I hope and pray everyone has a great Easter Sunday. Remember why it is that we celebrate Easter, and celebrate with joy the opportunity to worship on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment